Saturday, December 1, 2007

Signs of the season...




It is definitely that time of year again. I have unpacked our Christmas candles, Todd has been busy splitting firewood, and i have been dreaming up new crafts for my never ending decorating schemes. This year i really want to make cone-trees (in felt instead of fabric), snowflake table toppers and runners (inspiration here), and felt-ball ornaments and garlands.



The first round was pretty successful, as you can see. I still have a bowl full, waiting to be beaded or strung, and a new tradition has been born! Todd suggested we make felt balls every year, especially as they are extremely easy, uber kid (and kitty) friendly, and a delight to touch. I can already see them dangling from the bow of pretty packages, hung around a special bottle of wine or champagne, or even just slipped into a pocket when no one is paying attention. What a fun way to give a gift!

1 comment:

ittybittybirdy said...

I am So jealous!
I could certainly use a little holiday shimmer at my own home-the closest I get however is piles of stuff animal fluff that looks kind of like snow-if you use your imagintion! Even Jimmy I think is suffering from lack of holiday surroundings! Your creations are so fun and whimsical! I especially love the fireplace sparklies offset by red!